Oct 16, 2011

Novel: The Bombardiers (Quotes 2)

Got some more quotes for you guys for my science fiction novel in progress!

_________

From Chapter 3, as Ganth is getting "rescued"--

“Congratulations, Mr. Richard Ganth, you have captured my attention. If you intend to utilize it in a timely manner, I would suggest you humble your brutish self and ask for help now. Preferably before more of the AJA shows up to spirit you off into the night.” 

-- Xi
 
_________

From Chapter 4, Xi's explanation of erasure--

“Well, you see, this whole erasure business can be a bit tricky. I mean, they could just erase entire families for one person’s wrong, but the more people you take out of the equation, the more things just don’t add up.” She laughs. “Ah, math humor! Anyway, sometimes, instead of just erasing children along with their oh-so-guilty-of-something-inane parents, they’ll just implant a plausible situation in everyone’s mind of how they died. Usually horrifically. Although I was particularly amused by the one about the microwave explosion.”

-- Xi


_________

From Chapter 4, Xi's explanation of why Ganth is "special"--

“Oh, you! You’re a special little bastard! I wish I’d found you sooner, but even my amazing self couldn’t spot the error. As it turns out, you’re little health implant, aka memory distorter, has an imperceptible defect that, well, renders it completely useless in terms of its underlying, unknown, sinister function that isn’t supposed to exist. In other words, it does exactly what it’s supposed to do and doesn’t do what’s it not supposed to do but normally does.”  

-- Xi
 

 _________

From Chapter 4, Sara's angry rant about Xi's secrecy--
 
“I swear, you are the most infuriating woman I’ve ever met. You tell me groundbreaking things, and yet you leave the most important parts out. You tell me they erase people, and yet you never explains what happens after that! So, please, please, can you spare one moment of your precious time and tell me? What happens to the people that get erased? Torture? Prison? Soylent Green is people? What?

-- Sara


1 comment:

  1. hi, if you write poetry, invite you to join poets rally today.

    http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2011/10/agreement-for-thursday-poets-rally-week_19.

    submit a free verse or a poem of your choice, make poetic friends by visiting 18 poets, within a week, get yourself exposed to wider audience.

    bless you.
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about today's message from the Maniacal Mind?