Oct 1, 2011

Poetry: The Victory

I stand at the end of the edge of the world
From this height, I witness the birth of all life
And within this, I witness the birth of feeling,
And within this, I witness the coming of light

I stand at the end of the edge of the end
From this point so far down, I crane my neck to see
All that has been from the moment of birth
All that is now, and all that will be

I stand at the end of the edge of tomorrow
And from this level, I see nothing at all
From the view of my limits, my limited view
There is nothing to see but a wall

I stand at the end of the edge of my sanity
And from this, I can just grasp infinity
While my mind may crumble, I put it together,
Life. Death. Existence. The perfect trinity.

I lay at the end of the edge of my life
And from this point, I see nothing but sky
Because I grasped every straw that my fingers could grasp
I let nothing of meaning ever pass me by

I smile at the end of the edge of the end
As I lay there gazing once again
This time is my last for my last time has come,
So I laugh and I smile and I nod and I grin

At the end of the edge of the end where I lay
I close my eyes slowly and whisper goodbye
I caught within my fingers the strands of eternity
And for that, the world has let nothing pass me by

So as I fall off the end of the edge of the end
Into a fate I now know because of my win
I will sleep peacefully, knowing and smiling
And I smile because I know I will live once again

8 comments:

  1. Such a tragically sad piece for this character, though written beautifully. I hope a different choice is made in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. Glad you like the piece. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/01/2011

    I love the line...and i smile because I know I will live once again....something hopeful about that.

    well done my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was waiting for you to show up. Glad you enjoyed it! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. "So as I fall off the end of the edge of the end" - wow, that's a shockingly good line :-)) One of the best pieces I've read in some time. And welcome to the REN3 blogfest - glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You too! Thanks for reading! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the repetition of 'end of the edge' and the idea of grasping at every straw one could grasp as well as the hopeful ending....knowing one will live again! Nice work all around

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Mary- Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about today's message from the Maniacal Mind?